[DRBD-user] proxmox nodes option - was drbd-utils-9.12.1

Denis drbdsys at made.net
Wed Mar 25 10:32:41 CET 2020

Il 24/03/20 20:24, Gianni Milo ha scritto:

>     It works but I still see the storage via gui, on the wrong node
>     with a "?" and it does not work, of course.
>

> The storage definition will still appear in the gui no matter that,
> that specific node does not have a storage pool configured on it. The
> reason is that PVE requires a storage definition configured on a node,
> in order to support live migration onto it. The "?" indicator is a
> quick way of identifying that storage definition, on the specific
> node, as "diskless". If you browse the "content" within that specific
> storage definition, you'll notice that there's no real content within
> it (VM disk). I'm not sure if there's a way to instruct linstor
> proxmox plugin to exclude a storage definition from showing up in the
> gui on a target node. For other storage types, like NFS for example,
> this can be easily configured via Datacenter -> Storage -> NFS storage
> -> Edit -> Nodes.

Thank you Gianni, I know this function but it does not work with
drbdstorage.

Anyway, it adds the "node n1,n2" in the /etc/pve/storage.cfg :-)

> Obviously, by doing that you won't be able to live migrate a VM on
> that node. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

you are opening my eyes :-D

the non-working storage works! tried to move disk/live migrate on it

  Trying to create diskful resource (vm-100-disk-1) on (pve6-2).
   Diskfull assignment failed, let's autoplace it.....

TASK OK!!!

so why the state of the storage is "unknown"?

I tried to assign a diskless sp too:

linstor storage-pool create diskless pve6-2 n3sp

with SUCCESS

but still "unknown".. it appears as a non-working function but it works
very well :-)

so my question are:

- is it possible to show a normal status for that storage?

- I still would like to hide a storge for some nodes to prevent their use

Thank you very much to all

Denis