[DRBD-user] proxmox nodes option - was drbd-utils-9.12.1

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:24:03 CET 2020

> It works but I still see the storage via gui, on the wrong node with a "?"
> and it does not work, of course.

The storage definition will still appear in the gui no matter that, that
specific node does not have a storage pool configured on it. The reason is
that PVE requires a storage definition configured on a node, in order to
support live migration onto it. The "?" indicator is a quick way of
identifying that storage definition, on the specific node, as "diskless".
If you browse the "content" within that specific storage definition, you'll
notice that there's no real content within it (VM disk). I'm not sure if
there's a way to instruct linstor proxmox plugin to exclude a storage
definition from showing up in the gui on a target node. For other storage
types, like NFS for example, this can be easily configured via Datacenter
-> Storage -> NFS storage -> Edit -> Nodes. Obviously, by doing that you
won't be able to live migrate a VM on that node. Is this what you are
trying to achieve?

"nodes" is gone. What you can use is everything LINSTOR provides in the
> placement options for a resource group. Everything you get via:
> linstor-client resource-group create -h
>
> If it is gone, is gone! But I don't understand what that command has to
> do with the proxmox storage definition in /etc/pve/storage.cfg.

The relation between that command and the proxmox storage definition in
storage.cfg file is that you must use that command to configure a linstor
resource group, before defining this resource group in storage.cfg file.
For example, one of its parameters is "--place-count" where you can specify
the replica count for the specific resource group along with
"--storage-pool" parameter where you can specify the storage pool to use
for the specific resource group.

G.