[DRBD-user] DRBD/Linstor/Proxmox diskless storage-pools

Rob Tongue phunyguy at neverserio.us
Tue Jan 28 01:54:16 CET 2020

On 1/27/20 10:57 AM, Rob Tongue wrote:
> One last tidbit, drbdadm status shows this for the resource I created
> in proxmox from tank1 without the diskless storage-pools created, and
> it is only showing up on tank1, not tank2 or tank3:
>
> vm-3000-disk-1 role:Primary
>   disk:UpToDate
>   tank2 role:Secondary
> *    peer-disk:Diskless*
>   tank3 role:Secondary
> *    peer-disk:Diskless*
>
> Not sure what to make of that.  I am hesitant to blame the proxmox
> plugin here, as I don't even see the devices listed in /dev on 2 and 3.

I did (quite) a bit more research on what is happening here.  The
peer-disks here that are listed as Diskless, are a result of me adding
--diskless-on-remaining for the resource-group, and are not a result of
the proxmox plugin.  I can also see the created resources via linstor
volume list, and the diskless volumes are indeed part of
"DfltDisklessStorPool".  Without that option, resourced created only
show up in tank1's device tree.  So, I can say with confidence now, that
it's the proxmox plugin that is not behaving as it should, or I have it
configured incorrectly, as no matter what I do, the storage node only
appears on tank1 properly, tank2 and tank3 show question marks, and I
cannot see any drbd resources within, nor get stats. How can I debug the
plugin further?   Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can
provide.