[DRBD-user] DRBD/Linstor/Proxmox diskless storage-pools

Rob Tongue phunyguy at neverserio.us
Mon Jan 27 16:57:51 CET 2020

On 1/27/20 10:43 AM, Rob Tongue wrote:

> On 1/27/20 4:13 AM, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>>
>> Can you create resources based on the resource group on the command line
>> via 'linstor'?
>>
> I did this in both scenarios, with the diskless storage-pools I
> created prior, and without. With the diskless pools, when creating the
> resources, I was able to add with --drbd-diskless option, and the
> resources showed up under /dev/drbd/by-res/ on all nodes, but I could
> only modify/format the raw device on tank1. Without the diskless
> storage pools created, however, the resources only showed up on
> tank1's /dev/drbd/by-res directory. I must be missing some steps there
> that the plugin would be performing.

One last tidbit, drbdadm status shows this for the resource I created in
proxmox from tank1 without the diskless storage-pools created, and it is
only showing up on tank1, not tank2 or tank3:

vm-3000-disk-1 role:Primary
   disk:UpToDate
   tank2 role:Secondary
*    peer-disk:Diskless*
   tank3 role:Secondary
*    peer-disk:Diskless*

Not sure what to make of that.  I am hesitant to blame the proxmox
plugin here, as I don't even see the devices listed in /dev on 2 and 3.