[DRBD-user] how to restore lvm snapshot?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 16:59:50 CET 2020

Hi:
    I have some windows vm running on top of drbd, and drbd on top of
lvm. I want to install dotnet 4.8 on these vm. the patch can not be
uninstalled and may destroy  the system. so I want to make snapshot of
lvm and restore the snapshot if necessary. I wonder what to do at drbd
layer when lvm snapshot got restored. I think the safe steps like
below:

1. disconnect secondary and abandon the content
2. stop primary drbd service
3. restore primary lvm snapshot
4. start primary drbd service and connect secondary to re-sync from primary

but I wonder if there are faster ways?
1. do we need to stop drbd service before restore lvm snapshot?
2. can we let drbd know we revert to some previous state and re-sync
only necessary data?