[DRBD-user] allow-two-primaries (hot migration) and three nodes...

Thomas Keppler winfr34k at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:01:18 CET 2020

Hi Stéphane,

> The command "drbdsetup net-options <resource> --allow-two-primaries yes"
> seems to have no effect...

That is unfortunate to hear. What does `drbdsetup show <resource>` say after you've executed the command? Does it tell the same story on all nodes taking part in that volume? Any interesting logs in the journal?

> On the primary node and the destination node, I've ran (even it was now
> the default) : drbdsetup net-options <resource> --allow-two-primaries no
>
> Then, I can plays with drbdsetup primary/secondary ressources, hot
> migrates instances, etc...

Something seems wrong here. In a standard config, only one primary can exist. So it is weird that you can have two primaries when specifically resetting this parameter.

> How do you use it ?

Right now, I go the "lazy way" by just having it turned on, living with the attributed risk. Ultimately, I want to move into the same direction that I've described to you in the other mail.
I should have mentioned that this was just from my notes without proper testing. I apologise.

--
Sincerely
Thomas Keppler