[DRBD-user] diskless on purpose

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Mon Dec 14 14:43:18 CET 2020

Hello

imagine a three node cluster, with a resource `r1` configured across
node1 and 2.  How to reach the very same resource but diskless on node3?
  I suppose I should look into NVME-over-TCP or iSCSI but it should be
possible with DRBD itself, right?  If so, would that be with both v8
and/or v9?

With v9, I tried adding a `on node3` stanza for that resource, with
`disk none`, but I get a warning saying that it has no "address"
defined.  As the goal is to reach the resource and not to share it, I
don't know what to do.

I found no documentation for this specific setup.  Am I having it all
wrong or is this doable?  My intend is to better understand how to build
a fully convergent cluster farm manually, before I play more with
linstor's abstraction.

Thanks
--
Pierre-Philipp