[DRBD-user] drbdmanage upgrade to linstor

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Mon Apr 6 07:27:40 CEST 2020

Hello,

I tried the lost command even when the satellites are stopped, but the
> command isn´t available.

What do you mean with "the command isn't available"?
If you already have added a node to LINSTORs database (you can check with
`linstor node list` ), and the satellite is currently OFFLINE, then you
should be able to use
`linstor node lost $nodeName`.
You might get an error if the node does not exist or if the node is ONLINE.

> So should I delete re storage-resource?

If any other satellite is ONLINE, deleting a resource will trigger an
update of the DRBD .res file for the specific resource on all affected (and
ONLINE) satellites. That means that the .res files will be updated as if
you have intentionally deleted the peer-resource. I assume you do not want
that during a drbdmanage -> linstor migration.

> Still I could not create or migrate a resource from drbdmanage the linstor
> database should be still empty. But maybe there something from old tries,
> is there a command to clear the database or do I have to use an external
> database manager?

If you are using LINSTORs default H2 database you can simply stop the
controller, remove the file /var/lib/linstor/linstordb.mv.db and restart
the controller.
If you are using another database, you will most likely have to open a
connection to the database and clear it with SQL statements.

I could run the commands

> linstor node create --node-type Controller luke 192.168.11.1
>
> linstor node create --node-type Satellite leia 192.168.11.2
>

> (I just have two servers)
> But when I try these two:
>
> linstor storage-pool create lvmthin luke drbdpool drbdpool/drbdthinpool
>
> linstor storage-pool create lvmthin leia drbdpool drbdpool/drbdthinpool
>

> I´m getting the error:
>
> The satellite does not support the device provider LVM_THIN
>
> Try
   linstor node info
That should give you an overview about what layers and storage providers
are supported by which node and also at least a hint why a certain layer or
storage provider is not supported.
(btw - the `linstor node create ...` command should also return you such
info for the just created node)
In your case I'd guess you are missing the package
"thin-provisioning-tools"? or even the whole "lvm2" package? :)

--
Best regards,
Gabor Hernadi