[DRBD-user] drbdmanage upgrade to linstor

Sebastian Blajszczak sb at outlook.de
Sat Apr 4 15:19:38 CEST 2020

hello again, hello Gabor,

thanks for you help.
I tried your first way (https://lists.gt.net/drbd/users/31291)

I tried the lost command even when the satellites are stopped, but the command isn´t available.
So should I delete re storage-resource?

Still I could not create or migrate a resource from drbdmanage the linstor database should be still empty. But maybe there something from old tries, is there a command to clear the database or do I have to use an external database manager?

I could run the commands

linstor node create --node-type Controller luke 192.168.11.1

linstor node create --node-type Satellite leia 192.168.11.2

(I just have two servers)
But when I try these two:

linstor storage-pool create lvmthin luke drbdpool drbdpool/drbdthinpool

linstor storage-pool create lvmthin leia drbdpool drbdpool/drbdthinpool

I´m getting the error:

The satellite does not support the device provider LVM_THIN

Is that because the wrong configuration mistake? How can I clear the database and start from the beginning?

With best regards
Seb