[DRBD-user] drbd sycing again from the start

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Oct 16 07:45:55 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-15 4:58 p.m., Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a two node drbd 8 cluster. We are doing some test and while drbd
> resources are consistent/synced on both nodes, I powered off both nodes
> and took a bare metal backup using clonezilla.
>
> Then I restored the both nodes using the backup and started drbd on both
> nodes. On one of the nodes it starts to sync all over again.
>
> My question is: when I took the backup drbd resources are synced and why
> it is starting all over again? I hope I explained clearly.
>
> Thanks in advance !
> Paras.

Do you have the system logs from when you started DRBD on the nodes
post-recovery? There should be DRBD log entries on both nodes as DRBD
started. The reason/trigger of the resync will likely be explained in
there. If not, please share the logs.

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of