[DRBD-user] Linstor-server v0.9.2, linstor-client 0.9.1 release
rene.peinthor at linbit.com
Mon Mar 25 16:17:19 CET 2019
Hello Linstor and DRBD community!
It's a long time since the last Linstor release, because we have been very
busy with developing new Linstor features.
There are 2 big new features with this Linstor release:
- REST API:
Linstor now comes with a REST API that will per default listen on port
on localhost. Documentation is currently hosted on swagger and
will be steadily improved:
- Configurable storage stack per volume:
Linstor can now create lvm or zfs volumes without an DRBD on top of it,
default behavior is still to create storage + DRBD as it has been.
To create a storage only resource just pass layer list argument
on resource-definition create command:
`linstor resource-definition create rsc --layer-list storage`
Find more background information in this blog entry:
In the very unlikely case that you would have a encrypted and non encrypted
volume-definition within the same resource definition, data-loss will
happen if you upgrade, it is possible to upgrade such system, for
information on how to contact us.
Other noteworthy fixes and features are listed in usual product log:
* REST API
* Resource layers allowing volumes without DRBD
* Multiple network paths, configure more than one network path for DRBD
* Retry on failed resources, satellites will now retry to deploy resource
* Global compatibility machine readable output, v0 (old) is default
* Resource definition can now store an unrestricted user name (external
* Client fixes to work with python3
* Improvements on the higher level API Resource object
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the drbd-user