[DRBD-user] Configure DRBD with programming api or command

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Jul 15 14:28:26 CEST 2019

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 09:47:56AM +0430, Ehsan Shahrokhi wrote:
> Hi, refer to the following thread reply,
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2019-July/025106.html I
> want to write a program to configure DRBD completely. I need something
> like a programming api or command in order to connect DRBD and
> configure resources and other parameters.

I see 2 possibilities:
- If it is really easy, write some kind of template .res file and
  rsync/scp these filled in templates to your nodes. And then still use
  "drbdadm" (which acts on res files) to create meta-data, bring
  resource up, trigger the initial sync...
- If your scenario is more complicated and you want a full featured
  SDS, with a REST-API and what not: Use LINSTOR.

Regards, rck