[DRBD-user] Packages for Proxmox VE 6

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 19:35:54 CEST 2019

> I successfully create a VM with disk managed by linstor-proxmox and I

see the vm-100-disk-1 syncing... in sync on two nodes!

What about the 3rd node? Is that not syncing or you have configured it as a
Diskless node?
Have you set the redundancy number to 3 in storage.cfg ?

But I get an error when I start the VM
> (it starts withoud drbd disk)

Have you tried starting it on one of Diskfull nodes?

before pasting logs, another strange thing is that if I broswe the
> content of drbd storage, from proxmox, I can't see the VM disk but I get
> the status and the %usage

I think this is broken on PVE5 as well. I cannot browse the content of the
drbd storage in the webgui but I can see the total amount and the space
used in the summary tab. This used to work in the past but I'm unsure at
which stage it got broken.

none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=unmap:

The device is not writable: Permission denied
TASK ERROR: start failed:...

Here. It complains that the drbd volume is not in a writeable state for
some reason (read only?).Confirm its status with drbdtop and make the
necessary actions to switch it in the correct (writeable) state (Primary?).

If I try to backup:

The device is not writable: Permission denied
INFO: Plugin "PVE::Storage::Custom::LINSTORPlugin" is implementing an
older storage API, an upgrade is recommended
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed

This is failing due to the same reason as well ...

Gianni