[DRBD-user] High Availability (HA) capabilities with Nagios Core (4.4.2) using DRBD application

Devin Vance devin at linbit.com
Thu Jan 24 18:41:51 CET 2019

On 1/15/19 5:16 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 10:49 PM Kaushal Shriyan
> <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com <mailto:kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I will appreciate if anyone has done hot/cold setups with DRBD for
>     Nagios
>     Core(https://www.nagios.org/downloads/nagios-core/thanks/?skip=1&product_download=nagioscore-source)
>     as part of high availability feature. For example if the primary
>     node goes down then the secondary node takes care of the Monitoring
>     and alert notifications

It has been a year or so since I've done it, but yes it is doable.

A colleague of mine wrote a guide regarding it. This guide is for the
licensed "XI" version, but the instructions should still apply to the
"Core" version. You can find it here: https://downloads.linbit.com/
(titled HA Nagios XI v5 Cluster on RHEL7)

Personally, I prefer to just run the Nagios system in a VM and make that
VM managed by a Pacemaker cluster for HA.

Best,
Devin