[DRBD-user] Display linstor's backing device

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Mon Jan 7 14:50:30 CET 2019

Hello,
We're using ZFSThin as backend for our Linstor cluster. Nothing fancy.

I'm trying to set up a backup with ZFS snapshots and zfs send/receive.

First : is this a bad idea ? I know DRBD integrate his own snapshot
system (LVM only ?) but it can't be exported to a non-DRBD system as-is
AFAIK.

So, to automate the backup, I have to write a script that check which
ressources are primary on the host (and that the host is not a diskless
client) and get the ZFS backedn device for a resource.

So, main question : is there a linstor command to get the 'grepable'
backend device for a resource on a host ?

Without having to grep into a file the /var/lib/linstor.d ? (prone to
errors).

I tried some lisntor commands without success. Perhaps with a command
from drbd-utils ?

Thanks for your advice(s),
Julien