[DRBD-user] Number of nodes supported for DRBD

Roman Szabados Roman at Szabados.sk
Fri Feb 22 14:45:04 CET 2019

Dear All,

In our use case, we need to have up to 16 peers sharing the same
resource and snapshot, which is later used on all hypervisors to build
the actual specific VM from the snapshot. But after trying to add more
than the 8th node, i get this error message:

root at dagobah:~# linstor r c alderaan felucia kessel vm-base-1804-system
--storage-pool ssd-pool
ERROR:
*Resource on node bespin has insufficient peer slots to add another peer*
Details:
     Node(s): 'alderaan', 'felucia', 'kessel', Resource:
'vm-base-1804-system'
Show reports:
     linstor error-reports show 5C28F669-00000-000115
root at dagobah:~#

I do assume, that this is a limitation of Linstor. Can this limit be
configured to accept more than 8 nodes per ressource in Linstr?
Thank you.

Roman Szabados