[DRBD-user] Failed start mssqlserver in windrbd 0.9.2

john smith john082019 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 12:20:06 CEST 2019

Hi

I'm John Smith.

I tested mssqlserver 2014 std in windrbd 0.92 version. but I failed the
test.

Set the path of MSSQL data to WinDRBD configured volume (E: \) and run the
MSSQL service together with the following event log.
The service fails to start.

The sql error log shows the following log.

An unexpected error occurred while checking the sector size for file
'E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL14.TESTSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'. Move the file to a
local NTFS volume, where the sector size can be retrieved. Check the SQL
Server error log for more information.

Is there a way to use MSSQL in WinDRBD?

Best regards