[DRBD-user] Failed starting drbd after updating Fedora 30

Jamie e.moehler at gwk-gmbh.de
Wed Aug 14 09:53:21 CEST 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 09:39:45 Roland Kammerer wrote:

> Correct. That depends a bit on who of us does the moderation. I usually
> clear the moderation flag after some time when the name feels familiar
> and I know the person isn't a spam bot...

I think I've figured this out now, I'll hopefully be getting the hang of
posting. :)

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 19:34:44 Eddie Chapman wrote:

> Personally I would just upgrade to drbd 9 and then you don't have to
> wait for the above process :-) (as the issue only affects drbd 8)

Hm, I'm taking a wild guess here and say that I will also have to
upgrade to drbd 9 on the server where my secondary is placed? Or would
that not be a problem, just upgrading on my computer and then not
upgrading the server. The problem here ist, that we're five people
running our primary virtual machines on our computers and have only one
server where the secondary vms are kept. Would we all need to upgrade,
or is it just enough that I upgrade the drbd on my computer now and wait
with upgrading the server until everyone has upgraded their drbd? Do you
guys have any experience with that?

Thanks again for the great help and making me understand a lot more
about drbd!