[DRBD-user] changing resource names

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 09:00:38 CEST 2019

/dev/host1/acc-hda is the backing storage device where drbd writes the data
for the resource acc-hda.res .
The type of storage can be any form of raw block device, like for example a
disk partition (/dev/sdd1) or a lvm volume (/dev/vg/lv)...or something else
similar.
In your case /dev/host1/acc-hda represents a lvm logical volume called
"acc-hda" which resides in the volume group "host1".
To verify if this is the case, you can issue "pvs", "vgs", "lvs" . If
"acc-hda" shows up in there, then that's the case...
To rename the logical volume you can use "lvrename" command. Make sure you
bring down the drbd resource first, before doing that. Do this one on the
secondary node first (i.e host2).
Once you rename LV, update drbd resource file with the new name and finally
bring up the resource. You need to update ".res" file on both nodes, but
only the section which refers to the secondary node (host2).
Once resource is up and running, repeat same steps on the primary node
(host1).

Gianni