[DRBD-user] Error message: Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Daniel Ulman dulman at sacme.com.ar
Thu Apr 25 16:26:48 CEST 2019

Hi Gabor,

> The error message basically says that DRBD could not find the resource file.
> So you verified that the .res file generated by Linstor does exist.
> That's a good start. But please also check if on that one satellite DRBD is configured to look for those resource files generated by Linstor.

In the three satellites (one of them is controller/satellite) the configuration files are the same:

cat /etc/drbd.d/linstor-resources.res
include "/var/lib/linstor.d/*.res";

cat /etc/drbd.conf
# You can find an example in  /usr/share/doc/drbd.../drbd.conf.example

include "drbd.d/global_common.conf";
include "drbd.d/*.res";

But the error only happens in the controller/satellite node

> By the way - is this problem the same as the other thread in this mailing list?

Yes, it is the same. I regret the duplication.

Regards,

Daniel