[DRBD-user] drbd 8.4.7 out-of-sync on disabled host page cache in VM

acs at sysgo.com acs at sysgo.com
Sat Apr 20 14:38:56 CEST 2019

> On 13 March 2019 at 11:47 Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 09:08:42AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > >
> > > Please retry with the current 8.4.11 version of DRBD. You can it from
> > > here:
> > > https://www.linbit.com/en/drbd-community/drbd-download/
> >
> > Okay, thanks. I will test 8.4.11.
> >
> > Do I need to change/update the tools as well or just the kernel driver?
> > I currently use drbd-utils 8.9.10.
>
> They should be fine. I don't remember any non-corner cases fixes for 8.4
> in drbd-utils.

I tried version 8.4.11 and the problem persists.
When using Qemu/KVM virtio disk with a caching mode that uses host page cache,
or when using just a filesystem like ext4 on (without Qemu/KVM) on the host, the
drbd device gets out of sync after a while.
The drbd device is on top of a LVM-lv on both nodes.

Is there anything else I can test?
According to some (old) posts, this is a known issue for a long time now. But I never
found any resolution or fix.

Thanks.
Armin