[DRBD-user] Error upgrading linstor controller 0.7.5 > 0.9.5

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Tue Apr 9 07:39:58 CEST 2019

Hi there,

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 7:22 AM Doug Dimick <doug+drbd at dimick.net> wrote:

> I failed to upgrade this morning from 0.7.5
> (d74305b420fdc878182afa162378a317e6a4a3b9) to 0.9.5
> (8f1f42f256776eb30161ee29945268c3faf71db9). Are there intermediary steps
> should be taking manually to migrate the database?

No, that should not be needed. We are using the flyway database-migration
framework for exactly this reason that we only write single migrations from
one version to the next and flyway applies them iteratively.

Regarding the error report: It looks like one of your resources did not end
up with a layerData (layer specific payload for that resource, most likely
DRBD and STORAGE layers). We did run a bunch of test for this kind of
migration and everything seemed to work well with 0.9.5. I would be curious
of your database. If you are willing to, please send the database (or a
sanitized dump of it) to me and I will see if I can reproduce and fix the
issue. If you are using Linstor's default H2 database, the database is
located in /var/lib/linstor/linstordb.mv.db

Best regards,
Gabor