[DRBD-user] Issues migrating from drbdmanage to linstor with linstor 0.9.4

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Apr 1 10:36:40 CEST 2019

On 3/31/19 2:29 PM, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:
> [...]
> The issue is that the resource files created when I execute the
> migration script (dmmmigrate.sh in my case) created by
>
> monetbase2:~# drbdmanage export-ctrlvol > ctrlvol.json
> monetbase2:~# linstor dm-migrate ctrlvol.json dmmmigrate.sh
>
> contain wrong port and wrong VolumeMinor numbers.
> [...]

Hello Mr. Walkowiak,

thank you for your detailed report. I was able to reproduce the problem.
Apparently, this is a regression, probably introduced when adding
support for various other (non-DRBD) resource types. It seems to be a
logic error somewhere in the API, since the numbers are automatically
allocated from the configured number pools instead of manually assigned
from the request data.
We will investigate the cause of this problem and provide a fix in a new
release of the software.

br,
Robert