[DRBD-user] Missing Linstor/DRBD resource files after reboot

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Apr 1 10:19:42 CEST 2019

On 3/31/19 3:29 AM, Nicholas Morton wrote:
> Running vgs didn't take particularly long, so I don't think the
> linstor-satellite timeout period is very long.

The default timeout for external processes is 45 seconds, after which
LINSTOR sends a termination signal to the process (SIGTERM on Linux). If
the process does not disappear within 15 seconds after receiving the
signal, LINSTOR attempts a forced process termination (SIGKILL on
Linux). It will then wait for another 5 seconds for the process to
disappear, and if it does not, it assumes that the OS kernel does not
work properly (e.g., because the external process is stuck in a syscall
in an uninterruptible sleep on I/O) and resumes as if the process had
ended, abandoning the external process.
That should normally be enough for the external processes executed by
LINSTOR to complete normally.

br,
Robert