[DRBD-user] Stop using DRBD

Michael Dukelsky drbdm at mail.ru
Fri Sep 28 14:40:40 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 28.09.2018 14:15, Simon Ironside wrote:

>> I have two nodes with DRBD 8.3. Now I want to stop using DRBD and use
>> one of the nodes as a standalone box. How do I do it? As far as I
>> understand it would be enough to wipe out the meta data. But I see no
>> command for that. How can it be done?
>
> You don't really need to delete it at all, it's at the end of the block
> device so it can be ignored. You can just use (mount or whatever) the
> underlying block device directly.

Although gdisk says that the partition with the user data is "8300
Linux filesystem", when I try to mount it after stopping drbd I get

mount: unknown filesystem type 'drbd'

So it looks like I have to wipe out the meta data first. But I need to
know its offset and size. Unfortunately I cannot understand how to get
it from the textual dump made by 'drbdmeta dump-md'. The offset
mentioned there does not seem to point to the meta data.

Michael