[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.16rc1

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Oct 17 09:59:45 CEST 2018

Hi,

the list is shorter than with the last releases. I think this is good news.

What really made us to release now, is fixing the regression introduced with
9.0.15. It was probably not triggered by many parties, because you can only
trigger it if you have requests in flight in excactly the moment a
timer comes by to check if the network timeout expired.

The distributed connect loop was never seen in the wild, maybe only
our test suite ever reproduced it.

The fixes to the quorum code ensure that recovery works as expected
after a primary node lost quorum.

Please help testing! -- We will release in one week if nobody comes up
with "interesting" behavior. We will use the time to write more
test cases for our test suite.

9.0.16-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-114/transport:14)
--------
 * Fix regression (introduced with 9.0.15) in handling request timeouts;
   all pending requests always considered as overdue when the timer function
   was executed; this led to false positives in detecting timeouts
 * Fix a possible distributed loop when establishing a connection
 * Fix a corner case in case a resync "overtakes" an other one
 * Fix clearing of the PRIMARY_LOST_QUORUM flag
 * Check peers (to ensure quorum is not lost) before generating new current
   UUID after loosing a node
 * In case the locally configured address of a connection is not
   available keep on retrying until it comes back

http://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.16-0rc1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-9.0/releases/tag/drbd-9.0.16-0rc1

best regards,
 Phil
--
LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running