[DRBD-user] drbdadm status blocked:lower

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 11 10:59:28 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:52:34AM +0000, Garrido, Cristina wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two drbd devices configured on my cluster. On both nodes the status shows "blocked:lower" although everything seems to be fine. We have conducted IO tests on the physical devices and on the drbd devices with good results. Do you know why this message is shown and how to debug it?
>
> The message from status command:
>
> xxxx:/dev/mapper # drbdsetup status --verbose --statistics
> ASCS node-id:1 role:Primary suspended:no
>     write-ordering:flush
>   volume:0 minor:0 disk:UpToDate
>       size:10452636 read:3247 written:8185665 al-writes:53 bm-writes:0 upper-pending:0 lower-pending:0 al-suspended:no blocked:lower

"blocked:lower" means that the in-kernel API for querying block
device info congestion reported "congestion" for the backing device.
Why it did that, and whether that was actually the case, and what
that actually means is very much dependend on that backing device,
and how it "felt" at the time of that status output.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed