[DRBD-user] Update linstor-proxmox from drbdmanage-proxmox

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Nov 7 10:35:10 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 12:39:31PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 10:56:47AM +0000, Sebastian Blajszczak wrote:
> > Hello together,
> >
> > I updated Proxmox and installed linstor-proxmox over drbd-manage.
> > Currently I cannot see the drbd in the proxmox web interface.
> >
> > I get the error:
> > malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or
> > atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at
> > /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Custom/LINSTORPlugin.pm line 126, <$pipe>
> > chunk 1. (500)
>
> So an empty output from some helper to be interpreted as json string.
>
> > How can I fix it?
>
> Probably by upgrading your drbd-utils.

Hm, that function is also called by linstor commands. So I assume it has
nothing to do with drbd-utils. I think it is more likely that the
LINSTOR cluster is not really okay. See below.

> If that's not sufficient,
> we'll have to look into it.

It would be great to get mor information what *exactly* was done. Sorry
but that that is not good enough:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 10:56:47AM +0000, Sebastian Blajszczak wrote:
> > I updated Proxmox and installed linstor-proxmox over drbd-manage.

What should that mean? Did you remove DM? Did you migrate the DM
resources? Did you successfully create a LINSTOR Cluster? Did that
cluster work on the CLI?

Why do people always start with a "does not work" report from the
highest abstraction level possible in their "stack"? Because that is
what they see when they click buttons, I get that. But it does not help
in debugging things.

Regards, rck