[DRBD-user] One resource per disk?

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:22:27 CEST 2018

Il giorno ven 11 mag 2018 alle ore 11:58 Robert Altnoeder <
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com> ha scritto:
> If it s supposed to become a storage system (e.g., one that is used by
> the Hypervisors via NFS), then the whole thing is a different story, and
> we may be talking about an active/passive NFS storage cluster that the
> Hypervisors connect to. The setup mentioned above is probably still the
> way to go with regard to the storage stack layout, however there could
> obviously be a single large NFS volume, which would only be active
> (accessible) on one of the storage nodes at a time.

In my case, this would be used for Maildir hosting.
Multiple drbd resources would be unmanageable and useless, with Maildir i'll
have a huge NFS server (maybe v3 to be stateless) in active/passive. Any
short failure
in terms of couple of seconds should be unnoticed by everyone (users,
dovecot deliveries and so on)
because all software are configured to retry some times.