[DRBD-user] Offline Resize

Thu Dec 6 23:35:05 CET 2018

On 7/12/18 9:30 am, G C wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> In our scenario we're limited to a single PV on the LVM and while
> online does work it takes a long time for the pvmove to complete from
> say 2TB to a 3TB PV.
>
> We're trying the offline in hopes that it would speed things up a lot.

Sorry, I still don't understand. If you have a single PV, what are you
using pvmove for?

In my scenario, I use lvextend and then drbdadm resize.

Or do you mean you are adding additional physical devices with larger
capacity, and then using pvmove to relocate to the new device, and then
using lvextend to increase the size, and then drbdadm resize? and
instead you are planning to drbdadm down <resource> and then fiddle with
the underlying devices, and then drbdadm up ?

Is the problem that pvmove takes a long time to complete, or that it
affects performance too much during the move? Just curious...

Regards,
Adam