[DRBD-user] [DRBD9] on freshly created cluster, slave does not sync with master

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:49:06 CEST 2017

Hi,

Control volumes on the slave node, 10.9.4.192 , show up in 'Inconsistent'
state 'before-adjust'. However 'after-adjust' they show up in 'Uptodate'
state on all nodes, that is the expected state.

Have you tried issuing 'drbdmanage restart -rq' on the slave node and then
'drbdmanage n' to check the status ? How about restarting the slave node ?

Yannis

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 at 13:05, Zbigniew Kostrzewa <kostrzewa at 9livesdata.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup 3-node cluster but constantly one of the nodes fail
> to sync with master. Here is what I do:
>
> 1. I create 3 VMs with CentOS 7.2 minimal (`3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64`)
> 2. I install DRBD9 RPMs I have built myself from following tags: drbd:
> 9.0.9, drbd-utils: 9.1.0, drbdmanage: 0.99.10
> 3. I setup SSH passwordless authentication between all 3 nodes
> 4. I setup hostname and add all hostnames to /etc/hosts on each node
> 5. On master, I run `drbdmanage init [MASTER_IP]`
> 6. On each slave I run `drbdmanage add-node [SLAVE_HOSTNAME] [SLAVE_IP]`
>
> ...and what happens is that first slave synchronizes with master
> properly but the second one hangs in "Connecting" state and is marked on
> master as "StandAlone":
>
> .drbdctrl role:Primary
>    volume:0 disk:UpToDate
>    volume:1 disk:UpToDate
>    node-10-9-4-137 role:Secondary
>      volume:0 peer-disk:UpToDate
>      volume:1 peer-disk:UpToDate
>    node-10-9-4-192 connection:StandAlone
>
> According to user's guide, this should work out-of-the-box but somehow
> it doesn't. Am I missing something? Should I do some pre-setup that's
> not mentioned in the user's guide?
>
> I've collected output from drbdadm, drbdsetup, dbus-monitor --system and
> syslog, if anyone would be willing to help me with this I have put the
> logs on github:
> - master:
>
> https://github.com/localghost/issues/tree/master/drbd/node_does_not_sync/before_adjust/10.9.4.119/logs
> - slaves: