[DRBD-user] Some info

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Thu Oct 12 10:17:27 CEST 2017

On 10/11/2017 09:14 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> is "raid -> drbd -> lvm" a standard configuration or something bad? I
> don't want to put in production something "custom" and not supported.
While it is not "bad", it limits the system to an active-passive cluster
configuration, because all logical volumes must be active on the same node.
The standard setup that we teach in our trainings, that we commonly
install and use ourselves and that all of our automated provisioning
software uses is storage -> LVM -> DRBD, or storage -> ZFS -> DRBD, as
this allows the configuration of multiple independent resources, where
each resource can be active on any of the nodes, thereby also allowing
the creation of active-active clusters.

> How to prevent splitbrains ? Would be enough to bond the cluster
> network ? Any qdevice or fencing to configure ?
Fencing

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+