[DRBD-user] drbd9 default rate-limit

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Nov 2 14:08:47 CET 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 03:28:22PM +0200, Tsirkas Georgios wrote:
> Is there any sync rate limit by default in DRBD9?
> If yes how i could disable it? I would like to benchmark .

You realize that there is a difference between "live replication",
and "background (re-)synchronization".

There is no inherent limit on the rate of "live replication".
Though, depending on overall situation and hardware,
you will achieve different results for max throughput
with different tuning settings.

For the background re-synchronization, there are a number of knobs
to tell it to try and be more or less aggressive wrt. the ongoing
"application" IO that is concurrently undergoing live replication,
because both obviously share the network bandwidth,
as well as bandwidth and IOPS of the storage backends.

These knobs, and their defaults, are documented in the User's Guide,
and the man pages.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed