[DRBD-user] Uncorrect threading on mailman Archive for this list

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Mar 29 11:56:16 CEST 2017

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 11:54:54AM +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is just a note for the mailing list maintainer; it appears that
> that's something wrong in threading on this ml archive.
>
> I noted that my message:
>
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-March/023117.html
>
> Is incorrectly classified as a reply to :
>
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-March/023118.html
>
> which is not. There is no "In-Reply-To" header in my message.

Nothing new.  pipermail threading is pretty useless.

I never tried to understand why it seems
to be especially bad with our archives.

If someone out there can give me a hint what to change
to make it work better with what we have now, I'm all ears.
Some day we will upgrade our Mailman,
I hear the archiver of the newer Mailman is better.

There are other mail archives, I personally prefer(ed) gmane,
but given its recent struggle it currently is a bit on-and-off.

gossamer seems to work for many,
https://lists.gt.net/drbd/users/

marc seems to work for others,
http://marc.info/?l=drbd-user

feel free to reply with other archives.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed