[DRBD-user] DRBD Fails to Establish Connection

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Jul 24 22:08:03 CEST 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 06:53:25PM +0000, Eric Robinson wrote:
> >   # drbdadm status
> >   # drbdadm status --verbose
> >   # drbdsetup status
> >   # drbdsetup status --statistics
> >   # drbdsetup status --verbose --statistics
> >

> Well, there you go. I guess I keep running into places where commands
> do not work as they did previously

I guess that is related to:

> The nodes do establish connection. But they don't show any resources.

because cat /proc/drbd is empty.

So, with drbd8 you had simple point-to-point connections with two nodes
and you had a hand full of resources. That can be exposed via /proc
nicely.

With drbd9 you can have hundreds of resources. They can have complex
topologies like full meshes, connections could be in "a line", resources
can be intentionally diskless (== drbd client), you can have like 3
storage nodes and one out of 10 hypervisors connected to these storage
nodes, and so on. Exposing that via /proc is a bad idea. It is a visual
nightmare and misusing /proc for that is bad idea in the first place.
That is the reason that got moved to the utils where you can query
specific resources, and even json-query all of that information.

> and it makes me thing there must be something wrong.

No, not in that regard, maybe you just see your particular use-case.

Regards, rck