[DRBD-user] ocf:linbit:drbd: DRBD Split-Brain not detected in non standard setup

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Feb 27 10:05:28 CET 2017

On 02/25/2017 01:42 PM, Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
> [ ... ]
> But this is not what we like to happen in this case. In the case of
> communication breakdown of DRBD but still a connection between the
> corosync nodes, we would like the cluster nodes :
> 1) to remain in their state,
> 2) prevent DRBD from failover,
> 3) Indicate that the DRBD connection is broken
Starting with drbd-utils 8.9.10, the package contains another utility
named "drbdmon" that shows the current status of
resources in a very compressed style, highlighting problems such as
disconnected resources on separate lines.
> 4) wait for reestablishing of the connection and resync the drbd after,
That's what DRBD's default behavior is already. If something else
happens, then the cause is probably somewhat more complex than just a
temporarily lost network connection.

--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+