[DRBD-user] DRBD9 on PVE issues...

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Feb 13 18:15:22 CET 2017

On 02/13/2017 05:57 PM, Yannis Milios wrote:
> pve3 still appear to have the resources available and refuses to leave
> the cluster. Is there anyway I can force remove pve3 and rejoin it to
> the cluster?
>
> Log link: http://pastebin.com/3dSC7RT5
According to the log, pve3's control volumes are outdated.

You can try to
1. resync them
2. wipe all DRBD data off pve3 and then rejoin the cluster

Procedure:

1. To attempt to resync, run on pve3:
  drbdsetup down .drbdctrl
  drbdadm create-md .drbdctrl
  drbdadm up .drbdctrl

  On pve1 & pve2, run:
  drbdadm connect .drbdctrl:pve3
  if the resources are listed 'StandAlone'

  The volumes should resync automatically

2. To remove pve3 from the cluster, run on pve1 or pve2
  (preferable on the node that has the .drbdctrl in Primary):
  drbdmanage remove-node --force pve3

  This requires manual cleanup of the leftover data on pve3.
  To achieve this, run on pve3:
  drbdmanage uninit -qs
  drbdsetup down all
  Then remove any left-over backend (LVM) logical volumes
  To rejoin the cluster, run on pve1 or pve2:
  drbdmanage new-node pve3 <ip-address>
  The pve3 node should rejoin either automatically, or a command
  is printed that can be copy/pasted to pve3 to make that node rejoin
  the cluster.

> Thanks,
> Yannis

best regards,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+