[DRBD-user] Fwd: kernel BUG on new server with drbd 9.0.5

Laszlo Fiat laszlo.fiat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:15:05 CET 2016

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 03:25:28PM +0100, Laszlo Fiat wrote:
>>  Hello,
>>
>> I have drbd 8.x in production for many years, without problems.
>> I have a single primary setup, SAS disks are in hardware RAID5,
>> partitions are assigned to drbd.
>> On top of drbd, there are virtual machines, which use drbd resources
>> as raw disks.
>>
>> I migrate from an old pair of servers to a new pair of servers and to
>> drbd 9.0.5. It went well until last midnight.
>
> If you have a two node setup, stay with DRBD 8.4,
> you don't gain anything from the new features of DRBD 9,
> but, as you found out, still may be hit by the regressions.

I had another crash on Saturday, but this time the secondary pc
completely disappeared from the network. After I rebooted it, there
was nothing problematic in the logs, so it died without writing into
the logs.
So I took your advice and downgraded to 8.4.9 + that one patch that is
in git after that.

I was surprised that drbdadm create-md can also downgrade the metadata
from v09 to v08. That was a big help, thank you.

Bye,

Laszlo Fiat