[DRBD-user] DRBD packages for Proxmox 4.x

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Sat Nov 26 09:04:58 CET 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 06:38:00AM +0100, Jasmin J. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There is an ongoing discussion in the Proxmox support forum concerning the
> recent license change of drbdmange:

Yes, they are ongoing, no need to spread FUD here and now. Wait.

But hey, as I guess this is the same JasminJ from the Proxmox forum[1],
you can replace it in the meantime with "some perl scripts", right? Oh,
don't forget to manage a whole cluster of nodes, support ZFS and LVM,
and their various thin combinations and variants, provide snapshots and
resize of resources cluster wide, and don't forget about the inner
workings of DRBD (you already proved to be an expert in this area on
this ML), so make sure that if you combine thin and thick in the right
way that thin allocations don't end up thick. It's easy, just a few
lines of perl that replace the current 67647 lines of python, right?

I stop here, before I get too "friendly", but please, PLEASE, FFS don't
come up with some BS you obviously have no clue about.

Regards, rck

[1]
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/drbdmanage-license-change.30404/#post-152979