[DRBD-user] DRBD9 daemon not started at startup

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Nov 21 09:42:55 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 01:59:43AM +0100, Jasmin J. wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > It is a kernel module not a process.
> THX for answering!
>
> Just after reboot I get:
>   root at hasi:/etc/lvm# drbdsetup status --verbose --statistics
>   # No currently configured DRBD found.
>
> Then I do:
>   root at hasi:/etc/lvm# drbdadm up vm_disk_hasi
> And then it is present.

As expected. If nobody does the "up", it is not up.

> >> What is the intended procedure to start this service?
> So again my question, which software needs to do "drbdadm up .."?

That depends on your setup.
- Maybe it is you or your favorite admin via the command line
- Maybe it is the init script
- Maybe it is drbdmanage
- Maybe it is the cluster manager.

But for sure you don't want to mix these.

> How should this be done in Proxmox 4.3?

Personally, I have no clue, the Proxmox docs/MLs might be more
appropriate, but I have seen some Proxmoxers here too...

Regards, rck