[DRBD-user] drbdsetup disk-options --c-min-rate not applied on remote

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Nov 11 10:36:20 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:04:30PM +0100, Matthijs Oosterhoff wrote:
> On 09/11/16 17:44, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 12:19:49PM +0100, Matthijs Oosterhoff wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>When I use the `drbdsetup disk-options` command to update the
> >>`c-min-rate` property of one of my (Connected, UpToDate, etc) DRBD
> >>resources, the new setting is only applied on the machine I ran the
> >>command on, not on the remote machine.
> >Yes.
> >
> >>It does not matter if I run the command on the primary or secondary,
> >>the behavior is exactly the same. Other settings (c-max-rate,
> >>c-fill-target, c-plan-ahead) are actually applied on both machines
> >>when I run the command on either one.
> >Yes.
> >
> >>Is this a bug or should I apply the settings on both primary and secondary myself?
> >Yes.
>
> Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how to interpret your answer, because the last line of my previous message contains two questions.

Not really a bug, but simply how we implemented it.
Some (but not all) parameters are exchanged/negotiated during
handshake, or even when adjusted at runtime.
But when adjusting settings, it is still good practice to double check
("drbdsetup show") if they really "made it" to "all the places" you
intended.  And if necessary adjust on the other nodes as well.

Yes, you have to apply c-min-rate on the individual nodes.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed