[DRBD-user] DRBD demote/promote not called - Why? How to fix?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Nov 10 13:21:27 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:05:09PM +0000, CART Andreas wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Sorry for missing the omission of the master role within the colocation constraint.
> I  added it  - but unfortunately still no success.
>
> (In the meantime I added 2 additional filesystem resources on top of the NFSServer, but that should not change anything regarding the root problem that I miss the demote of DRBDClone.)
>
> I again started with all resources located at ventsi-clst1 and issued a 'pcs resource move DRBD_global_clst' (the resource next collocated next to the DRBDClone).
>
> With that I end up with all primitive resources stopped and the DRBDClone resource still being master at ventsi-clst1.

I don't think that has anything to do with DRBD,
(you'll see that when you try with some dummy resources instead).

Just moving something "top of the dependency chain" won't move the
bottom of the dependency chain, especially not a Master role.
This is a Pacemaker shortcoming.

You can have depending resources follow a Master role,
but Pacemaker is not "smart enough" to recognize moving the Master role
would help with starting the resources you moved to some other node.

Workaround:
move the master role, or something the master role depends on.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed