[DRBD-user] Problems creating my first resource with drbdmanage

John Colgrave colgrave at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jun 10 15:40:09 CEST 2016

In my three-node cluster I ran
drbdmanage add-volume foo 3GB --deploy 3
on node1.local

I got two "Operation completed successfully" messages and six "drbd
.drbdctrl: State change failed: Peer may not become primary while device
is opened read-only" on node1.local

There were no messages on node2.local and one "State change failed"
message on node3.local

On node1.local I could create a filesystem on the device and mount it.

I then ran
drbdmanage list-assignments
which produced one row of output for node1.local and node3.local with a
Vol ID of * and a State of ok but two rows of output for node2.local, one
with a Vol ID of * and a State of "pending actions: commission" and the
other with a Vol ID of 0 and a State of "pending actions: commission,
attach"

I rebooted all three nodes and two of them are showing counters that
indicate that DRBD has not started and these are preventing me from
logging in. The only node I can login to is node2.

How can I get out of this situation and prevent it happening again?

Regards, John Colgrave
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.