[DRBD-user] Messages during restart of nodes

John Colgrave colgrave at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jun 9 20:41:02 CEST 2016

I decided to restart all of my nodes to see what would happen. I had run
"chkconfig drbd on" on each of them as I am not (yet) using Pacemaker.

The uname -n value and the IP address for each node are:
node1.local 192.168.230.14
node2.local 192.168.230.15
node3.local 192.168.230.16

When I start node1 I see some output about "DRBD's startup script waits
for the peer node(s) to appear..." but I also see the message:
drbd .drbdctrl tcp:node3.local: Closing unexpected connection from
192.168.230.15

When I start node2, I see the message about the startup script and I see:
drbd .drbdctrl tcp:node1.local: Receiver busy: rejecting incoming
connection
drbd .drbdctrl tcp:node1.local: Authentication of peer failed, trying
again.
drbd .drbdctrl tcp:node3.local: Closing unexpected connection from
192.168.230.14
drbd .drbdctrl tcp:node3.local: Closing unexpected connection from
192.168.230.14

When I start node3 I do not see the message about the startup script but I
do see:
drbd .drbdctrl node1.local: Authentication of peer failed, trying again.

I can log in to each node and "drbdmanage list-nodes" shows all the nodes
as ok so it looks like everything has sorted itself out but I would not
expect these messages to be shown on the normal console.

All three nodes are control nodes.

Regards, John

John Colgrave
High Availability and Disaster Recovery Architect
IBM MQ
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.