[DRBD-user] State change failed messages creating a DRBD 9 cluster

John Colgrave colgrave at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jun 9 20:17:51 CEST 2016

I am running the following on three RHEL 7.2 Server VMs:
drbd-bash-completion-8.9.6-1
drbdmanage-0.96.1-1
drbd-udev-8.9.6-1
drbd-utils-8.9.6-1
kmod-drbd-9.0.1_3.10.0_327.18.2-1

When I added the second and third nodes to the cluster I got a number of
messages like:
drbd .drbdctrl: State change failed: Peer may not become primary while
device is opened read-only

Running dmesg on the node from which I issued all the drbdmanage commands
I see some messages like:
Failed: peer( Secondary -> Primary )
Aborting remote state change x

I also see a couple of messages like:
Rejecting concurrent remote state change y because of state change z

Running "drbdmanage list-nodes" shows all the nodes as ok so is it safe to
ignore these messages?

Regards, John Colgrave
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.