[DRBD-user] LVM over DRBD

Marc Ballat marc at ballat.be
Fri Jan 8 12:27:08 CET 2016

Hi,

0. I have two hosts running debian jessie from /dev/sdb (proxmox2 and proxmox3).

1. I followed the user guide and created a drbd resource directly on a
partition (/dev/sda1) : proxmox2:drbd2 and proxmox3:drbd3.

2. Proxmox 2 : on top of my resource (/dev/drbd2), I created a
physical volume and a LVM volume group (VG2) and a logical volume
(data2).  I created an ext4 filesystem on
data2.

3. Proxmox 3 : on top of my resource (/dev/drbd3), I created a
physical volume and a LVM volume group (VG3) and a logical volume
(data3).  I created an ext4 filesystem on
data3.

The initial sync went well and /dev/drdb2 was primary on proxmox2 and
/dev/drbd3 was primary on proxmox3.

However, after reboot, all ressources are secondary on both hosts.  I
can manually switch them back to primary where needed but it does not
happen automatically.  Note that I haven't configured an automatic
fencing system.

Cheers.

Marc