[DRBD-user] DRBD on Debian 8

christoph at iway.ch christoph at iway.ch
Thu May 21 15:59:04 CEST 2015

> Hmm... I'm confused. You wrote that you want to build the source package
> and then show output of a binary build ("dpkg-buildpackage -b")?

> Assuming you want to build a binary package, no, it is not a known
> problem, building the latest tagged release from our git repos works
> fine on my Debian/jessie box.

> I build packages with:
> debuild -i -us -uc -b

> HTH, otherwise I need more information if you want to build a source
> package or a binary package and where your source comes from.

> Regards, rck

Yes, I'm sorry, meant building the debian binary packages out of the GIT repo.
I've tried v8.9.2 as well as v8.9.3rc1
using "debuild -i -us -uc -b" results in the same  error/output as when using "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc"

Moreover, building and installing the kernel module via module-assistant  does not work either. (creating the drbd8-module-source_8.4.6-1_all.deb package still works for me)

----------snip--------------
CC [M]  /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_nla.o
GEN     /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_buildtag.c
Your DRBD source tree is broken. Unpack again.
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/Kbuild:117: recipe for target
'/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_buildtag.c' failed
make[6]: *** [/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_buildtag.c] Error 1
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common/Makefile:1375: recipe for target
'_module_/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd' failed
make[5]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd] Error 2
Makefile:130: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make[4]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
Makefile:103: recipe for target 'kbuild' failed

I've just setup a fresh debian8/x64 system to verify the behaviour again....no luck

I don't know what's missing....maybe some additional debian package that was not needed before (debian wheezy and squeeze)?

regards
Christoph