[DRBD-user] DRBD on Debian 8

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu May 21 13:53:33 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 01:21:05PM +0200, christoph at iway.ch wrote:
> playing around with debian8 recently, we discovered that it's not
> possible to build the source packages anymore - to be more precise the
> drbd-utils is this a know problem?
>
> btw. last lines of output (from command: dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> -b -uc) that show the error:
>
> -----------------------snip-------------------------
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
>    debian/rules override_dh_install
> make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
> dh_install --fail-missing
> Can't stat debian/tmp: No such file or directory
>  at /usr/bin/dh_install line 245.
> # Place the initscript where dh_installinit can find it
> mv /tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils/etc/init.d/drbd /tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils.drbd.init
> mv: cannot stat â/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils/etc/init.d/drbdâ: No such file or directory
> debian/rules:33: recipe for target 'override_dh_install' failed
> make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
> debian/rules:10: recipe for target 'binary' failed
> make: *** [binary] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
> -----------------------snip-------------------------

Hmm... I'm confused. You wrote that you want to build the source package
and then show output of a binary build ("dpkg-buildpackage -b")?

Assuming you want to build a binary package, no, it is not a known
problem, building the latest tagged release from our git repos works
fine on my Debian/jessie box.

I build packages with:
debuild -i -us -uc -b

HTH, otherwise I need more information if you want to build a source
package or a binary package and where your source comes from.

Regards, rck