[DRBD-user] [Drbd-dev] howto enable auto-promote

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed May 20 18:36:35 CEST 2015

> Okay, in that case the answer is as I said, for now it is not supported
> by drbdmanage. But, as a said, it will be available soon. The tricky
> bits are done. Hacking around drbdmange on a resource managed by
> drbdmange is just that: a hack. Don't do it, wait, there will be a clean
> solution for the next release.

I am not sure if this is a hack. drbdmanage does not know when a VM is
migrated, but this information can be used to make it more safe by
only temporarily enable two primaries.

AFAIK sheepdog has a similar feature, called vdi locking, so maybe it makes
sense to extend our storage API with additional hooks for this.

Anyways, I will wait for the next release to see what is better.