[DRBD-user] [Drbd-dev] howto enable auto-promote

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed May 20 18:25:07 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 06:01:38PM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > On May 20, 2015 at 2:48 PM Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com> wrote:
> > Oh, because you really really have to know if two primiaries are a good
> > idea. Allowing multiple primaries is definitely nothing that should be
> > enabled by default.
>
> I am developing the Proxmox VE storage plugin for drbd9. We always want to
> be able to live migrate VMs, so we need to allow multiple primaries somehow.
>
> But maybe we should only allow that temporarily, and disable it after
> migration is done?

Okay, in that case the answer is as I said, for now it is not supported
by drbdmanage. But, as a said, it will be available soon. The tricky
bits are done. Hacking around drbdmange on a resource managed by
drbdmange is just that: a hack. Don't do it, wait, there will be a clean
solution for the next release.

Regards, rck